We were so pleased to reopen the practice on the 8th June 2020 and thank all of our patients who have been understanding and supportive through these challenging times. Throughout lockdown, our team worked tirelessly to ensure the service we provide is at the forefront of all government and NHS guidelines; however it is important to recognise how our services have had to adapt to change during this time.
Whilst we would love to see all of our patients immediately, we still need to prioritise the first appointments for those patients with urgent dental care needs. Following guidelines published by the NHS, the treatments we are able to offer you may be limited and it will be some time before dental services return to normal.
Appointments will be arranged to enable social distancing measures to continue, as well as our strict infection control procedures to be carried out. This, inevitably, will mean we are unable to carry out as many appointments as before the COVID-19 pandemic. We are aware we have had to cancel appointments for some of you since lockdown began, and we understand this has been frustrating but we thank you for your continued patience.
As a community we have experienced a challenging few months but, at Oriel Villas Dental Surgery, we are looking forward to seeing you again in practice very soon. Our passion and commitment to your health, welfare and safety are unceasing.
Upon reopening, we put a number of changes in place to protect our patients and staff, please review these changes below. If you do not have an urgent dental emergency we kindly request that you bear with us and we will endeavour to arrange your appointment as soon as we can.
What to expect when you next visit us in practice?
- DO NOT attend the practice if you do not have an appointment
- If you experience symptoms of coronavirus please contact the practice by phone to rearrange your appointment
- Arrive on time for your appointment, but try to avoid being early. We will ask you to call 07951249292 upon arrival (and NOT the practice landline) please wait in a safe place until called into the practice. Our team will contact you when the surgery and dentist are ready for you to attend
- Come alone to your appointment (unless a parent or carer to the patient)
- Please adhere to the 2m social distancing markers placed throughout the reception area
- Payment should be made by card
- Staff will no longer shake your hand
- We will measure your temperature before you enter the practice
- Try to limit the number of items you bring with you to the practice
- Try to use the bathroom at home before attending the practice
- Please bring your own pen for signing documents
Your cooperation in helping us follow national guidelines greatly reduces the risk of transmission of coronavirus, enabling us to continue to care for the community whilst keeping our patients, our staff and our families safe.
On behalf of the team at Oriel Villas Dental Surgery we would like to thank you for your support, understanding and patience during this incredibly difficult time. We look forward to seeing you soon.
As ever, we are still here for any questions or concerns you may have. Please do not hesitate to contact the reception team.
Oriel Villas Dental Surgery