Straighten your teeth the virtually invisible way
Offering a clear, comfortable way to straighten teeth, with no metal brackets or wires in sight, the Invisalign subtle straightening method is more popular than ever. It works through small, gradual movements of the teeth with a series of discreet aligners.
Invisalign fits seamlessly into your everyday life, with results achieved in as little as three months in some cases. The virtually invisible aligners need to be worn for 22 hours a day, but can be removed for eating, drinking and brushing your teeth.
Why choose Invisalign?
- Comfortable – Invisalign aligners are designed for maximum comfort when worn. The precise digital scans ensure a secure and comfortable fit.
- Removable – there is no need to change your diet for Invisalign treatment, as the aligners can be removed, allowing you to eat and drink as you did before.
- Virtually Invisible – each aligner is custom-made from a clear, durable plastic and hardly noticeable when worn. Only you need to know you are undergoing Invisalign treatment!
- Effective – Invisalign treatment is much quicker than traditional fixed brace options, taking between 3-15 months for most cases. It can be used for a range of issues, including misalignment and gaps.
How does it work?
At your initial consultation, we will confirm you are eligible for Invisalign treatment and take detailed digital scans and photographs of your mouth. Using our iTero scanner, we are able to show you your predicted final result before your treatment has even begun! The images are then used to create your custom aligners.
Once your aligners are ready, we will invite you for your fitting appointment. We will make sure the fit is correct and talk through how your treatment will work and when to move onto the next aligner. We’ll also be able to give you an estimate of your treatment length.
We will see you for an appointment every 6-8 weeks, to monitor your progress and check everything is going as it should be. You will also have the opportunity to ask any questions or share any concern you may have.
Once you have worn all your aligners, treatment will be complete – get ready to show off your new straight smile! We will provide you with a retainer, which needs to be worn to prevent your teeth moving out of position again.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Invisalign better than braces?
- Invisalign has some clear benefits over braces. For starters, Invisalign looks far better than braces because the retainers are nearly invisible. This makes Invisalign extremely popular for adults and teenagers because other people are less likely to notice them. Another benefit of Invisalign is that you will need fewer consultations than you would if you were to choose braces. Invisalign treatment only involves an initial visit to take a 3D scan of your teeth and a couple of appointments to check your progress. With Invisalign, comfort is an additional bonus. Braces are notoriously painful, causing cuts and ulcers to your gums. Invisalign retainers are made from a special plastic design that perfectly moulds to your mouth, reducing the pain and discomfort to your gums. However, Invisalign won’t be as effective as braces for adults with severe crookedness. Contact us to arrange a consultation – we can advise you on whether Invisalign is right for you!
Does it hurt to get Invisalign?
- The treatment might be uncomfortable. However, this is the case for every alignment method, as the process of moving teeth around is, in itself, irritating. That being said, Invisalign is significantly less incommodious than other alignment methods, such as braces. While the process of aligning your teeth may cause temporary pain or discomfort, you won’t experience cuts and ulcers to your gums with Invisalign. It’s also important to know that the initial pain may be temporary. Invisalign typically becomes less painful over time as your teeth get used to moving.
Can I eat with Invisalign?
- Yes! One of the biggest advantages of choosing Invisalign over other alignment methods is that you can eat whatever you want, whenever you want, without worry. From popcorn to apples, you can eat anything without the hassle of food getting trapped in wires or brackets. Simply remove your retainers when you want to eat and enjoy! It’s important to remember to remove your retainers before eating, as chewing with your aligners in could cause cracks, stains, and damage, reducing their effectiveness.
How long does Invisalign last?
- The length of Invisalign treatment is different for everyone. It all depends on how quickly your teeth move and the condition of your mouth. Your jaw, genetics, gums, and diet can all have an impact on your Invisalign experience. However, the average Invisalign treatment lasts 12 – 18 months. This is compared to around 24 months with traditional braces.